Sunday, April 13, 2014

Accountable Talk- Anchor Charts

I am an anchor chart junkie.  I use them so much that I had to develop a little system. I make one chart in color as a jpeg.  I use this with my Promethean board or my document camera.  I then stretch it out a bit and put it on a legal size page and post it on the wall.  The kids also have a black and white version that they place in their notebooks.  I have a writer's bag of tricks and a social studies journal that I use in my room. If an anchor chart is really important I will print it out as an engineer's print at Staples.

One of the things that I like best about my classroom is the amount of time we spend discussing writing, Texas history or current events.  In order for that to happen, students must be respectful. This anchor chart is fabulous.  The students place it in their Social Studies journals.  For the first few weeks the students keep these open to use to help them find phrases that help them participate in discussions.

You can get this at Teachers Pay Teachers. Accountable Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment