Monday, June 23, 2014

Managing Papers

 When you start teaching one of the things that can waste a lot of your time is passing out papers.This may sound crazy, but I have found a way that works for me.  When my students hand in their papers at the end of each class period, they hand them in according to alphabetical order. (This helps me make sure that I have all the papers.  No missing work! )That way when I grade them, I can easily record the grades in the grade book. Then in the morning, the students or I can easily put the papers in these folders that are affixed to the front of my lockers.

I attach the folders to the lockers using the red label removable double sided Scotch poster tape. The folders stay on the lockers all year long when placed in the configuration above,
The Hello Kitty on the front has metal disks from the roofing department of the hardware store.  The magnet on the backs of the mustaches stick to them.  The kids take off the mustaches and put them in our daily graph when they get to school.  So it has extra uses! 

The Hello Kitty was made on my Cricut.  I don't know if you can get the cartridge any more, but you can download the digital files on line.

Like I discussed in my last post.  I kept the red, white and blue theme.  I had added Hello Kitties the year before last.  Last year I added the mustaches because they were the trendy must have items.  I imagine I will use them one more year because the kids are still crazy about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment