Sunday, April 13, 2014

Morning Procedures

It is really important to have daily routines.  For many of my students, I am the only bit of stability in their day. From the moment the kids walk in, they don't have to guess what needs do be done.  The daily routine is well set out on this anchor chart.
You can find it at Teachers Pay Teachers. Morning Procedures

Even though it is April, my students still like to come in and look at the chart.  One of my fellow teachers had it on her bulletin board.  I heard the substitute referring to it just the other day. Since I have started this procedure, the kids don't argue about who does what.  Plus I have all the pencils I need ready to go. 

In case you haven't learned the joys of pre-sharpened pencils in your classroom, Let me share. Kids waste so much time sharpening pencils. The noise causes those who are deep in thought writing to loose focus.  I have a large box of sharpened pencils.  If a student has a dull pencil, he just makes an exchange and puts in the box for pencils that need to be sharpened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment